WE WORK WITH YOU THE WAY YOU WANT US TO
From a basement, kitchen or bathroom remodel to an addition, brand new home or light-commercial design-build construction, True North Builders brings old-fashioned care and craftsmanship to our project/your home. We offer a variety of ways to work together, depending on your needs and personal preferences.
SOUP-TO-NUTS DESIGN-BUILD SOLUTION
Whether for home projects or light-commercial design-build construction, the term design-build refers to the practice of handling all phases of the project under the same roof, so to speak. From initial design …to architectural planning and engineering …to permitting and the construction phase itself, a design-builder takes care of all aspects of the project for you. Design-build is not a new concept; it’s been around since the Renaissance, when design-build contractors were known as Master Builders.
You realize many benefits in choosing a design-build approach:
- Time savings-your project team is accustomed to working together effectively and efficiently, and they know how to integrate the design and construction phases so that you see results more quickly.
- Convenience-you work efficiently with just one management service.
- Single point of responsibility for quality, cost, and schedule adherence-you don’t have to coordinate or mediate between designer and contractor. He said/She said just won’t occur.
- Maximum flexibility-your contractor can quickly respond and adapt if problems arise.
- Cost control-you won’t have to worry about in-progress design decisions falling outside your budget.
True North Builders works most effectively as a design-builder, and for that reason, we encourage our clients-especially first-time home builders or remodelers-to consider this option. But if you have your own plans or have engaged a designer or architect already, we welcome the opportunity to work with them on your behalf.