2014 Colorado Award for Remodeling Excellence 3rd place winner, Whole House Remodel Standard
This property sits in Indian Hills, on a mountain overlooking the city. The 6000 sq. ft. 1950’s era house was outdated.
The owners wanted a Tuscan look for the exterior and an open, flowing floor plan for the interior of their home.
- The owners lived in their house during the remodeling.
- New heating and cooling systems were added to the home during the cold winter months.
- The interior walls were composed of load-bearing cinderblock.
What We Did
- Tan stucco, cinnamon-colored stone, and bone-colored banding were added to the exterior surfaces of the house to impart a warm, Tuscan feel.
- The roofline was transformed from a flat roof, to a hip roof in keeping with the Tuscan aesthetics.
- A large Portico was built as a part of a two-story addition welcoming visitors into the home and ushering them into a large, open foyer with an overlooking Romeo and Juliet second-story balcony.
- A two-story addition also allowed an expansive newly-designed master suite to be constructed.
- Several walls were opened up including two main-floor bedrooms allowing the newly designed floor plan to incorporate a large family room and an open, flowing feel perfect for entertaining.