The owners are long-time residents of the BowMar neighborhood and own two properties in the neighborhood; they lived in one and leased out the other. It was time for an upgrade to their lifestyle, so the owners began looking at options available to them. Weighing all of the costs, options, variables, and the years of relationships they had built in the community the couple decided to undertake a full transformation of their investment property and move into it, turning their former home into their rental property.
• The exterior was transformed from plain blonde brick to cedar, stone and stucco to give it a Colorado mountain look
• Newly vaulted ceilings were finished in timber giving the home a natural, warm glow generously highlighted by the light from the new skylights.
• Sunlight streams into the home from an outdoor living space created using a covered tongue and groove patio and a folding window wall that opens to the main family area.
• A guest suite with external access was built onto the rear of the home, and a separate addition to the garage provides two extra indoor parking spaces.
• The master suite was enlarged and features a newly designed bathroom complete with large soaking tub and generous enclosed shower